Keep it simple, you can always upgrade down the road. But, the idea is for the binoculars to help you see better, not worse, therefore spending some money is required. Generally speaking, more money, better view.
- magnification - start with an 8x pair, 10x will make is more challenging to get the bird in view
- field of vision - wide field of view is desirable
- waterproof - birding in the rain happens and can be very productive
- size/weight - don't bog yourself down, arms will get very tired
- comfort - do they fit your hand/finger size
- eye relief, if you wear glasses
Unlimited cash? - check these out for only $2800
If I were shopping for a beginning pair, these would be on my list, all $200 or less.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)